Instructor LMS Launch Point
The SIMnet LTIA Instructor and Administrator launch point differs based on your LMS. Follow these instructions to find the LTIA launch point.
Note: These steps only need to be completed once to setup the connection between your LMS and your SIMnet account. Further logins from your LMS will automatically sign you into SIMnet.
Each LMS launches LTIA compatible tools like SIMnet from different locations. Find the tab with your LMS below to continue.
1. From your Canvas course, navigate to the Modules section in the left navigation menu and add a new module by clicking the + Module button. You may skip this step if you already have a module where you would like to link SIMnet assignments to.
Add a new module
2. Name your new module whatever you prefer and click the Add Module button.
The Add Modules button
3. From the newly created module Click the kebab menu to view module navigation options.
The SIMnet module kebab menu
4. Select McGraw Hill SIMnet LTIA from the menu options.
McGraw Hill SIMnet LTIA menu option
5. On your first login only, you will be asked to authorize access from McGraw Hill LTIA to your account. Click Authorize to proceed with pairing.
Authorize McGraw Hill LTIA in Canvas
1. From your Blackboard Ultra course, select View course & institution tools from the Details & Actions, Books & Tools left navigation menu.
Details & Actions Menu
2. From the Books & Course Tools pane, scroll to the bottom and select Browse all course tools link.
Browse all course tools
3. From the Institution Tools group, select the McGraw Hill SIMnet tool.
McGraw Hill SIMnet tool
- 1.From your D2L Brightspace course select the Content top navigation link.
- 2.From the left navigation menu select the Module you will use for SIMnet assignments.
- 3.From the module button menu select the Existing Activities button.
- 4.From the menu list select the McGraw Hill SIMnet LTIA item.
D2L SIMnet Launch Point
Warning: Moodle v3.11+ is required for LTIA support. Earlier versions of Moodle do not support the LTI v1.3 standard required for LTI Advantage.
Warning: You can also enter the SIMnet launch point Edit Settings menu of an existing SIMnet assignment link, but do not integrate new assignments from this entry point.
- 1.From your Moodle SIMnet course click the Turn editing on button.
Moodle Turn editing on button
- 2.Click the Add an activity or resource link
Moodle Add an activity or resource link
- 3.Click the McGraw Hill SIMnet button
Select McGraw Hill SIMnet
- 4.Click the Select content button
Click Select content button