Comment on page
Lesson Assignment Prefs
Setting assignment preferences for Lessons
When you click the Add button to assign a lesson to a class or individual student, the Lesson Assignment Details window will appear where you can set several preferences for the assignment.
Lesson Assignment Details window
- Edit the Assignment Title by typing in new text. The new title is updated only for this course assignment.
- Select the Show Assignment checkbox so the Lesson appears in the student portal. When unchecked, the Lesson will not be visible for students regardless of scheduling options.
- Select the Enable Schedule by Dates to set a start date, due date, and/or end date for the assignment. By default, the assignment has this option enabled, with the current date and time as the Start Date. You must either set an End Date or disable scheduling to save the assignment. You can type in the Start Date, Due Date or End Date box, or click the Date Picker icon to select a date or time. Once you have set a Due Date, click the down arrow to use the same value for the End Date.
- Click the Day of Week Schedule bar to expand the options for restricting the assignment to certain days of the week. You can also click the check box(es) under Specific Time to specify times for each day
- Select an option for Display Hint to determine if and when the hint will be displayed in the Let Me Try exercise. You can select Always, Never, or choose to display the hint after a student has incorrectly answered a certain number of times.
- Select an option for Require completion of to determine what exercise(s) the student must complete to mark the skill as completed. You can choose any combination of the Show Me, Guide Me and/or Let Me Try exercises.
- Select the Enable skill set navigation checkbox to allow students to navigate between exercises of the same type without returning to the Lesson page and clicking on the Show Me, Guide Me, or Let Me Try button.
- Select the Show Column in Gradebook checkbox to include the lesson in the Gradebook and allow SIMnet to automatically record the grade.
- Select the Freeze Grades After Due Date checkbox to allow students to continue to work on the Lesson after the due date has passed without updating their grades.
- Select a Points option to determine how the grade will be recorded in the Gradebook. Select Assignment Default points to show the grade with the default point allowances where each skill in the lesson will be worth one point. Select Override Points to enter the number of points you would like the lesson to be worth. SIMnet will automatically calculate the worth of each skill when calculating the grade.
- Click the Display Type and/or the Calculation Type menus to select how the grade will display and be calculated in the Gradebook.
SIMnet Online allows you to add restrictions to your lesson assignments including password protection and limiting access to the lesson by IP address.
- Type a password in the Password box to require a password for this assignment only.
- Expand the Click to modify IP Filter bar to restrict the lesson to be available from specific IP addresses only.
- Click the Save button to create the assignment.
- Click the Cancel button to close the dialog without saving the assignment.