SIMnet Mac Users – Mac Office 2011 v14.0 Requires Update
#announcements #instructors #students
SIMnet Mac users!
Some of you have experienced a message indicating that the unique signature is missing from your project file when trying to upload a project submission. There is a bug in Mac Office 2011 v14.0 that causes your unique signature to be removed from your document when saving. Updating Mac Office to v14.1+ will resolve this issue. We recommend you update to the latest version (v14.4.2).
Hopefully, you’ve already got it installed on your machine. It’s always best to update your software whenever possible for compatibility and security.
We thought we’d take a few moments to help you walk through this update and then help you set yourself up to never miss another update to Office again.
To update the Microsoft Office products on you Mac, open Word, Excel, or PowerPoint while you are connected to the Internet.
- 1.On the Menu Bar, click Help. Select Check for Updates. The Microsoft AutoUpdatewindow opens.
- 2.Click the Check for Updates button in the lower right corner of the window.
- 3.After the check is run, the Microsoft AutoUpdatewindow will display a list of available updates.
- 4.Ensure the available updates have a check mark in the Installand click Install to install the updates.
- 5.If you have not run the Microsoft AutoUpdatebefore, there may be multiple updates. You should run the Microsoft AutoUpdate again until you get the message: “There are no updates to your Microsoft software at this time. Please check again later.”
To keep Microsoft Office up to date on your machine:
- 1.Go back to the Microsoft AutoUpdate window again by clicking on the Help menu and selecting Check for Updates.
- 2.In the How would you like to check for software updates? section, check the Automatically radio button.
- 3.Click the Check for Updatesdrop down menu and select Daily,Weekly,or Monthly depending on how often you’d like to check. For slower Internet connections consider opting for less frequent update checks.